SCHOOLHOUSE DAYS GONE BY

Thu
10
Oct
Edgar's picture

SCHOOLHOUSE DAYS GONE BY

SCHOOLHOUSE DAYS GONE BY
SCHOOLHOUSE DAYS GONE BY
SCHOOLHOUSE DAYS GONE BY

Eagle School, District #3, in the north central part of Little Blue Township, sits at the side of Zenith Road, just north of 17th Road. The school district operated from 1881-1942, with many young students receiving their primary education there. The one-room schoolhouse is one of under 20 schoolhouse buildings still standing on its original site.

SCHOOLHOUSE DAYS GONE BY
SCHOOLHOUSE DAYS GONE BY

The Cedar Creek schoolhouse still stands in a pasture near the intersection of Zenith and 20th Road, south of Hanover. It is one of just 16 or 17 schoolhouses still standing in its original location out of 133 that operated in the county in the early 20th century.

SCHOOLHOUSE DAYS GONE BY

The Bismark school is a limestone school that operated from 1889-1955 west of Hanover on Hanover Avenue, near the intersection with Xavier Road.

Full text available to premium subscribers only.